Monday, July 28, 2014

like a soundtrack to a july saturday night

Another Perfect day at the lake for the books. I can't get enough of summer. Everything about it. Nate and I keep joking, saying if this summer keeps getting better & better like it has been, we probably won't ever want kids. Ha ha but we are kidding....kinda. :) 
So something pretty big happened this Saturday.. not to brag or boast or anything but.... I CAN OFFICIALLY WAKEBOARD!!!!!
 I guess I'm a little excited. It's been something I have always wanted to do and on Saturday I finally got it down. It was so funny i sat in the water and totally pep talked myself.. out loud. "You got this Maddy. You can do anything. Come on. This is it." hahah talk about a freak but I really think it helped me finally just suck it up and DO IT. The pictures pretty much speak for themselves. My mouth was wide open (shocker huh?) and I was literally screaming out of pure joy.
Call me crazy but I think doing things that PUSH you is good for the soul. It gives you a sense of confidence like "I can do anything I put my mind to--no matter how difficult." Whether it's physical things or church things or people things or work things. It really helps in all aspects. 
& I think that is why I love cross fit so freaking much.(sorry--but i look for any excuse to bring it up.a little obsessive) Each day I go in suspense, not knowing what the Workout that day will bring. One thing I know for sure is that It will Push me beyond my limits and force me to be mentally and physically strong.
We got stranded on the lake at sunset. But with this view who the heck would complain?

Pure concentration.

& pure joy. 

Yep, he's carrying a mountain dew while he wake boards. How the heck?


NAiled it.


Squirt. It's what all the cool kids are drinking. 




These girls are all pretty rad. 
Can't get enough of that summer sun.

Hi, we're in love.