Friday, July 25, 2014

dream as big as a midnight sky.

It's happening again. Year after year it's the same story. I'm getting that panicked feeling because the summer is more than half way over and it feels like it's leaving WAY too soon!
This summer has been one of my favs. The little things have made it so enjoyable. & the big ones too.
Yesterday was pioneer day and we spent it the best  way i can possibly think of.
At the lake + hot dogs and watermelon + Plenty of swimming+ Water sports galore+Watching the sunset from the dock. & to top it off watching FIREWORKS! (and doing a few sparklers for my sake)
Isn't summer just the best?  I will always be a summer girl-no matter how old I grow.



We got to stay with Carson and Suz while my parents were gone and we had so.much.fun.



My main squeeze.

That Nate is quite on a stud on the water. (till he faceplants of course ;)



^^That's Me^^
Okay One of my main goals this summer has been to be able to wake board. Now I've tried this one again and again and it has just seemed IMPOSSIBLE. it still kinda does but so help me I will be able to ride that wake by the end of the summer!! Last night I finally GOT UP (which they say is the hardest part) and even though I didn't last long-it was so rewarding to know I have made major progress!

Now on the the next item of business! THIS SONG has been our summer anthem since June 1st. It was seriously written for US and for THIS summer. We listen to it every time we ride in the jeep with the wind blowing through our hair. Everything is right. and we rule the world.  I
t is just one of those songs. LISTEN TO IT!!! and soak up every bit of summer that you can!





Summer comin' through a rolled down window
Tearin' down an almost two lane back road
Freedom and fireflies in the air

The night's still young, never gonna get old
Livin' for today like there's no tomorrow
Follow the grooves, the tires in the grass
Stayin' on the gas like we're never comin' back

[Chorus:]
It's a Friday night, it's a small town girl
Everything is right and we rule the world
2 twelve's in the truck back, beating
A bunch of rock stars on a riverbank singing, whoa, whoa, everything, whoa, whoa
Everything we wanna be
We are, we are, we are tonight

Swayin' back-n-forth, can't you feel the music?
Time stands still, I don't wanna lose it
Her tan, her touch, her laugh
Were flyin' so high like we're never gonna crash


We are tonight, we are tonight
Toes in the grass with our hands up high
Dream as big as the midnight sky
So untamed and we're so alive tonight