Tuesday, July 15, 2014

a perfect summer day

Saturday was about the closest thing to perfect in my mind. The day consisted of
+waking up extra early to practice sprints at the park. (Nate even came with me, that's a big deal. aaaand he's still faster.so frustrating.)
+packing up our beach towels, sunscreen (actually we forgot the sunscreen--oops), sandwiches, licorice & water bottles.
+Taking the boat out on the bay before it was even mid-day crowded and the water still glassy.
+Boating 'till our hearts content. ALL.DAY.LONG.
+Letting the sun rays soak deep into our skin.
+Laughing so hard when Jed flew 15 ft into the air off of the death trap tube. (or so they claim)
+Shutting off the boat and laying on tubes in the middle of the bay laughing without a care in the world.
+Finally heading home after we noticed the sun was starting to set
+Eating the yummiest raspberry milkshakes at the cutest drive in
+Watching a plane spray the fields with a perfect orange sunset as the backdrop
+Putting away the boat right as the FULL moon peeked over the mountains. I had to snap a few pics.

Nate and I got home and laid under the swamp cooler for a bit. (that thing has saved our lives this summer) we were both fried to a crisp and didn't want to do anything else at the moment. While we were laying there I turned to Nate all panicked and said "I hardly took any photos to document our fun day!" He said "Maddy, those are the best kind of days. When you're having too much fun that taking photos is the last thing on your mind."
Goll that really hit me. He was absolutely right. He can sure surprise one with his deep thoughts sometimes ;)
So even though I didn't take nearly enough photos to do this day justice, Saturday will still go down as one of my most favorite days of the summer.





^^That tuxedo shirt though^^

I was so fascinated with the crop duster. 





I love him. 


we spent our Friday night in Ogden at Horizon Milling doing semi-truck stuff. Ha good thing we still had a blast.