Monday, July 21, 2014

ONE YEAR

I can't even believe it has been one whole year since Nate and I said "I do." In ways that seems like lifetimes ago. And in other ways it seems like just last week. Crazy how that happens. I honestly can't imagine not waking up to Nate every morning. I mean how did I ever survive sleeping alone without someone to cuddle up to after a bad dream?? He is my person. He seriously makes me laugh everyday and can always put a smile on my face. He works so hard for us but also makes sure we have plenty of "play time" whether its boating or camping or running free out in the country.Our first year of marriage has been absolutely wonderful. Hands down the best year of my life. AND also hands down one of the hardest years. No matter how much you love somebody, being married sometimes is down right difficult. HA! But I wouldn't trade it for the world. I can't wait for the MANY MANY more anniversaries we get to celebrate together.


We decided to go on a small weekend getaway ya know, to celebrate making it a whole year without shooting each other. ha ha (just kidding... kinda ;) We stayed in the neatest hotel in Midway and spent the weekend swimming, relaxing, eating, laughing and shopping. My idea of a perfect getaway.


He just LOVES when I tell him to Stop so i can snap a pic :)




on the ski lift.

Gosh I just love him.

Nate snuck onto the carousal after hours at our hotel.




what the?




we ate lunch at a fancy cafe and I ordered THEE messiest buffalo chicken wings... naturally.

what a beaut.


yummy treats are a must for any anniversary



my first time riding the alpine slide!


some other photos from last week:




Our kids are going to love us. :/

 Last week was our wards girls camp and I got to go up every evening after work. We seriously had so much fun and I loved being able to get to know all the girls' better and see their crazy sides. Girls camp is totally in my element even if it is a little different being a leader rather than a teen. 
this was the group I got to help with the skits. We have quite the variety of girls and they are pretty awesome.