Wednesday, January 9, 2013

reminiscing

A few days ago I had got to go through all of my Africa photos to  prepare a little presentation to the old folks of the ward. 
What an unexpected treat.
To be honest, ever since I've been home it's been hard to look at my photos.
Sure, I've shown some to my fam and some close close friends, but I don't scrounge around my "Ghana Love" Folder nearly as often as I thought I would. 
I think it's because when I look at these photos, it all feels so real. I remember I was half a world away living what seemed like a completley different life.
 I remember that the children in the photographs are real and I remember what it was like to hug them and laugh with them.
I remember that they are still going on with day to day life even though I'm not there anymore. 
Grace (one of my favs.) used to always tell me "I miss you so so much when you go back to your country."  
If only she knew how much I was missing her. 

here are just a few that made me smile.
Bernard and I. he was so so ticklish

Christiana, Mercy and Grace


I love that sweet Deborah

Making some jewelry

This would be Grace

Grace insisted she give me a piggy back.

Antoinette and that smile just melt my heart.

My favorite street boys abenezer and prince

Bernard and Christopher. is that the cutest?

No comments: