Wednesday, November 23, 2011

grattitude.

Tomorrow may or may not be one of my favorite days of the ENTIRE year. ok it really is. I love thanksgiving with a passion.
My second favorite holiday next to the 4th of July.
 Anyway, maybe it's in the spirit of thanksgiving that I feel so joyful!
I am so grateful for the people in my life that make it as wonderful as it is.
I'm also thankful for the things that make it great as well.
And lastly, for the person I'm continuing to become. I know i'm not perfect, but I look back at last thanksgiving and am grateful for the person i am this year.
I'm different, but in a good way i believe.
and that is something to give thanks for.

so here is my thankful list.
(warning: it is a pretty unusual list, but a grattitude list at that)

-The Gospel. #1 no battles.

-My family. yes, everyone says this. but i reallly mean it.

-the opportunity to get a college education. (how else am I going to make bank?)

-skinny jeans.

-A body that does exactly what i want it to. (Even with such little sleep most nights, it's soo good to me)

-knowledge that there is life after this one

-the fact that so many people will be at our house for turkey day. I love that festive feeling.

-in approx. 32 hours, I will finally be able to listen to christmas music! I am craving N'sync christmas more than anything!

-A free, beautiful country. & for those who make that possible.

-for my nose. it isn't ideal for most people. but my grandpa gave it to my dad, & my dad gave it to me. how could i not be grateful?!

-Hipsters. who show me how cool it is to not be like everyone else.

-a truck driver who asks me what size of shirt i wear-so he can pick me up one next time he's at the Harley store. how does it get better than that?

-long talks with old friends

-my parents cupboards and fridge. dang they got some good food.

-fingernail polish. i have recently discovered my obsession.

-having a boss who is Rad.

-GUM!

-the ability to be whoever i want to be.

-Ice cold water

-HOPE.

"Be Thankful. Even for the bad things in your life. For they open your eyes to the good things you weren't paying attention to before."

No comments: