Sunday, November 20, 2011

flashbacks nov. 20

November twentieth/2007
-i remember packing my things in a bag so strategically.
-riding with soph, mimi & her friend with the music blaring
-my heart was pounding
-lying just to get exactly what i wanted
-getting glammed up in the bathroom & thinking how i could pull this off
-walking down the stairs in my new dress and looking so good
-meeeting all his family with a smile
-the pit in my stomach that continued to get bigger 

November twentieth/2009
-i remember all day trying to keep from crying.
-i knew goodbye was coming, i just didn't know it would be so soon.
-eating shakes and pocket pizzas and trying to figure everything out.
-i remember thinking everything is about to change.
-the last hug that i never wanted to end.
-trying to memorize his face so i wouldn't forget while he was so far away.
-watching from my rearview mirror his tail lights get furhter and further away
-getting in my car and crying histerically the whole way home listening to allred.
-being greeted by my mom and dad who were furious with me. 
-mom pounding on my door telling me to give her my phone.
-falling asleep wrapped in the blanket he gave me. it caught all my tears that night.

Novermber 20/2010
- i remember being so mad i could barely talk 
-packing my bags feeling so betrayed.
-driving home with my sister & trying to be tough.
-it snowed so much that day
-calling my mom and telling her she was right. 
-listening to my mom tell me everything would be okay. & believing her.
-trying to write down everything i could.
-ripping down the pictures and screaming to my roommates. they just listened.



November 20 2011 (Today)
-waking up to my little sisters boney legs in my back. I've never been more happy to wake up to that.
-teaching relief society to a chapel full of pepole for the first time. don't remember a single thing of what is said.
-sitting next to my dad, mom, shan, carson, suz & navy during sacrament.
-enjoying lunch with my family whom i adore.
-taking a three hour nap that my body needed desperately.
-laughing with my roomates until my stomach hurt.
-listening to the stake pres. tell all of us that God has a specific plan for each of us.
-feeling genuinely happy.

I think i can finally say, I'm so glad it's November twentieth.