Sunday, September 14, 2008

World's Greatest Dad. ♥


Yesterday was my dad's 40 something birthday. (I respect his privacy) :) He absolutely hates his birthday and always insists we don't get him anything. (Of course we do anway) And we make him some pretty good treats, but he pretty much has all the toys he needs. :) He really is the best dad in the world though. He is such a hardworker and is extremely smart. He would do anything for anyone of us. I have always been very close to him and hope to always be. We share a lot of the same qualities..the good and the bad. Some of the bad being our occasional raging tempers, our possesiveness of certain objects, and of course our tendancy for over reacting. ;) haha Some of the good being our determination, love for music, our love for sports and competitiveness, and our no-tolerance policy for stupidness. Anyone who knows him would agree with me that he is extremely thoughtful and giving to others. He thinks of everyone else before he gives any thought to his wants or needs. Some of my friends see my dad and are a little intimidated, but honestly he is just one big teddy bear. Sometimes it's hard to find the sensitive side of him, but I know without a doubt it is in there. :) I am so grateful to him and for all he does for our family. I Love him very very much. I couldn't ask for a better dad. ♥




4 comments:

Annika said...

OH MADDY! YOU'RE JUST A BIG TEDDY BEAR TOO!!! This post made me and laugh and kinda want to cry... because we do have the BEST Dad ever! And you and Dad are a lot alike... (why would you over react? No one in your family over reacts!) Remember when you used to wait for Dad to get home so you could tell him who spilled on the kitchen floor that day??? You and Dad were team no one wanted to mess with!!! :) totally love your guts!

Shannon said...

You are so sweet. I could not agree with you more, he is the best!I am so glad you don't tell on everyone who spills on the floor anymore:) You too are a lot alike, that is why we love you so much!

Jen said...

What a nice tribute to your dad! And you overreact? No way! So umm..what items are you possessive about?

Camilla said...

You are such a fun writer, love to read your posts!You have always been such a daddy's girl.I see more and more little traits that I got from dad too. We are really lucky to have such a wonderful dad!