Tuesday, September 9, 2008

2 Fun-Filled Weekends!











The past two weekends have been a blast! Over Labor Day weekend, my family all abandoned me for Idaho. I stayed home because I had to work. haha Luckily, my best friend Sophie was also abandoned by her family. So we had quite the time with two whole houses to ourselves and no parental supervision for a whole weekend. We went swimming, rented some chick flicks, ate idle isle, made and delivered a birthday cake, stayed up until early morning, and made plenty of snacks! Including our famous "peach shakes." Yum! But I have to say I missed my family more than I expected I would. (who would've known?) haha But we had a great time!
The Beuatiful Birthday cake we made! :) We Love Our Peach Shakes!









We Lost complete track of this:








My Favorite show after the weekend! ♥

This past weekend was Peach Days. Yippee. No not really. It isn't as great as people make it seem. It's pretty much White Trash Christmas and the whole town is chaotic. Friday I had the wonderful oppurtunity to be in the Jr. Parade. ugh. How humiliating. But Saturday I absolutely Loved the Big parade!! I caught lots of candy and a few shirts. (My Favorite!) I spent the rest of my day sweltering in the heat at the car show. It was seriously soo hot! But i really loved looking at all the awesome cars and I like to watch people's jaws drop as they look at my dad's sweet cars. ;) After the car show we had a fun family barbeque! Then I was off to the carnival with some of my friends. It was fun to be with all of my friends but I seriously thought the whole Peach Days thing was really lame. We didn't want to spend money on rides drunkies put up so we just socialized the whole time. I did get a very Tasty Scone with honey butter though. It was my favorite part. :) Well I am still trying to accept the whole idea of school and autumn and stop missing summer so much..but it's not working all that great. The best time of the week is most definitly the weekends!!














4 comments:

Camilla said...

Peach Days was so fun! And I can't believe mom and dad left you with no supervision. They barely let me go to YW without supervision! I'm glad you had fun with Sophie though. It is sad to think that the summer is over.

Annika said...

Hello! Totally loving that you have a blog now... so I can snoop into your life and totally know like EVERYTHING that's going on! :) You are a lucky dog to be left home alone... why didn't that ever happen with ME?! You should make me a peach shake... PRONTO!

Shannon said...

Yeah mom and dad never let us stay home alone. You are lucky! I am happy you have a Blog!!

Jen said...

Hey Maddy! Glad you have a blog! Hope you don't care if I add you to my blog roll. If you would rather I didn't, just say. Abby's really good at getting t-shirts and candy too! And I agree with you about Peach Days. I'm always so excited for it and then it gets here and I think, what was I so excited for? But I do love those cinnamon almonds. It's almost worth it just for that.