Monday, January 30, 2012

did i?

Did I ever tell you about that one night? You know, one of the most serene nights of summer for me?

It was just your average Friday. I had worked long and hard the week before and finally had a day off.
Of course i decided to spend my day at Willard Bay. Soaking up just a little MORE sun. (as if my skin hadn't seen enough already) 
It was a beautiful day on the lake. my ideal way to spend a summer afternoon.
I came home with sandy, freckled brown skin smelling like sunscreen. mm how i long for that smell again.
Back to the story
.I was exhausted.  so I took a little nap, well more like a three hour nap. 
I woke up around 8pm to find an empty house and a restless body.
Unfortunately my friends were either working or busy that night. Not that i really tried to get a hold of them anyway.I just assumed.
My "boyfriend" (i hate that term) had just left for South Africa and i was missing him a teeny bit.
Afterall, I had spent most free, summer nights with him. I really didn't feel like staying home.
So I put on my fav. shorty shorts, a wide tee and tried to tame my unruly waves with my African headband.
I got in the trusty nissan and put my "summer 2011" mix tape on repeat.
I drove to Ogden & got a black cherry gelata. (the best treat in the world)
It was just me. alone. 
and I have never felt so invincible. so carefree. so alive. 
so.. blissful.
The sun had just dropped behind the mountain and the sky was turning a vibrant orange.
I had the sun roof open and that warm, sticky summer air was healing to my skin. 
I sang along to my music at the top of my lungs.
I had this bittersweet feeling that I was growing up. summer was slowly leaving.
things were about to change, but only for the better.
& indeed they did.

I can't wait for another Serene Summer Night. just like that one.


i took this from the freeway on that same evening.

No comments: