Sunday, October 16, 2011

shocking realization

So this past week I said something.. something I thought would never leave the mouth of ME.
Ever.
 but it did. and i don't have any regret.

Wanna know what it was?

"I love fall."
That was it. three words. three short words.
but they hold a lot of weight.

to be honest i have always DREADED fall. I would cringe just thinking about it. I wasnt even sure exactly why.Everyone in my fam seems to ADORE it. I've always had a deep hate for it.
I think it may have to do with the fact that SUMMER has my loyalty. And saying i liked fall which so harshly replaces beautiful summertime made me feel like i was betraying it. or maybe it's because the idea of carefree days being replaced by school is downright depressing. 
or maybe it has to do with the fact that the weather changes and i have to say goodbye to wearing my swimsuit all day long and say hello to pale skin.
but i guess i've matured enough to realize you really can love more than one season. (i'm so grown up)
It's really okay. and no one is going to get their feelings hurt.. (hopefully) :)
So that's that. Fall is wonderful. Life in general is wonderful. 

So me and homegirl kristen made a FALL Bucket list. Its posted on our fridge and makes me happy every-time i see it. maybe you'll like it too.

-Apple Picking
-Make Leaf Art
-Go 4 wheeling
-Have a photoshoot in a leaf pile
-Enjoy a bon fire w/ smores (check)
-Make Caramel Apples..delish.
-CORN MAZE
-Go to a pumpking patch and carve punkins
-Make Fall type cookies
-Go running while the air is crisp
-Bake Pies (check)
-Scary movie night with treats (check)
-Tell scary stories in a fort (check)
-FOOTBALL games! (check)
-Bike rides (check)
-Dance in the Rain
-Bake Homemade bread

*We're doing pretty good so far, but got a hecka lot more to cross off the list

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Ahh! I am sooo happy to hear you say the words... you really are grown up:) I love your fall bucket list, sounds fun. I am coming to get hair stuff tomorrow afternoon, call me when you get out of class if you can. Love you lots:)

Camilla said...

I remember hating any season I had pale skin too! I'm glad you're coming around with fall. Your list sounds perfect! Hope to see you soon!

Annika said...

finally. what took you so long? you're a little sloooooowww.

that's a joke.

let's do something fallish...mmkay?