Monday, April 21, 2014

weekend scenes & comfort zones

Such a fun Easter weekend, I hated to see it end! Saturday I went to a way fun bridal shower for my African sister Taylor. It was so fun to catch up with everyone and talk about wedding deets. But may I just say that I am SO glad we've already had our turn planning a wedding?? Phew. 
After that, Nate's fam had a big ole' Easter party with all the cousins/aunts/uncles etc. We had so much fun playing outside ALL day. I can't get enough of this warm weather!!
& yesterday was a perfect Sunday. Way good day at church,  nap time, and a big dinner with my whole family. Nate and I were BOTH pretty dang blessed in the family department.  


cutest little sister award.



pretty much sums it up

we call it synchronized dancing

Black dress bridal lunch. Such a cute idea.


So great to see Rhonda and laugh our heads off together. some things never change.
It had been wayyy too long since we jammed out with the windows down.

As I've mentioned in previous posts. I have been wanting to do Cross Fit since like.. ever. When Nate gave me a membership for my birthday I couldn't even contain my excitement. Well after being sick and tired all last week, I decided I would start today. I got so nervous. Last night it was all I dreamed about. What if it's too hard? What if I couldn't do it? What if I made a complete fool out of myself?
I woke up this morning half tempted to fake sick. But I knew I couldn't. I had to do this.
and guess what??? I AM SO GLAD I DID. 
I loved it. Loved it. It was so hard. Totally kicked my butt and I thought I would die. 
But I never did! (Thank heavens)
It felt so good to PUSH myself. I haven't had that feeling in a while and I absolutely love it.
I'm still scared for what is to come tomorrow but I KNOW I can do it. 
I know I am going to have to work HARD and continue to go out of my comfort zone but I'm excited. 
Let's just hope that excitement a LOT stays longer than the sore muscles. yikes!