Wednesday, June 20, 2012

my last "genius" idea

Sometimes I have these great ideas pop into my head. I'm not even sure where they come from to be honest? but lately there is plenty of them. Like the time last week I had the idea to rub tanning oil all over my bum to go faster on the slide.(it works. btw.)  or the idea to go to Savers and purchase clothes that were cool in the 80's and try to make them cool once again. 

Well my latest idea was to form a dread lock in my hair. Ya know, going for the [hippie bohemian] look.Which is quite convenient because it turns out my hair naturally forms dreads in the back of my head. (don't judge me.) The dread was forming just beautifully. It was on the right side of my head, in the back. right where i wanted it. I was so proud and showed it off to everyone at work. Even the boy i was liking made a comment about it. I shrugged it off like "oh, it's a dread. it's really trendy right now." (humiliated.) Last week after I got out of the shower I started to comb my hair and realized that wasn't happening.  
why?
  because the dread had literally taken over the whole back of my hair and was spreading at a rapid pace. Sadly i knew what this meant. My time with my cherished dread was over. (for now at least.) I begrudgingly asked my mama to literally brush until my head felt raw. eeek. not pleasant. Let's just say i'm going to try to take a break from any of my genius ideas. We'll see how long that lasts. 

i regret to say i didn't get a picture of the ACTUAL dread.. but i did get a picture of the aftermath. i'll enlarge it for you.