Wednesday, April 11, 2012

nineteen.

nineteen is a solid age. 
after tomorrow I'll never say the words "I'm nineteen" ever again.
that makes me feel melancholy. 
I hope twenty is just as wonderful as nineteen was.
or just my teenage years in general. 
i can't believe they are already over.
i hope the adventures don't stop.
I'm sure i'll look back one day and think "those were the best days of my life." 
because this far they really are.
i loved being a teenager. 
I'm dreading turning twenty years old.
end of story.
swinging on my last day being a teen


"Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old."

2 comments:

Camilla said...

Maddy! I've been thinking about you today...and how it's crazy that you are leaving your teen years! Mom and Shannon and I said today that you are the "ultimate teenager" (meaning you are awesome. But I know you will be the ultimate 20 year old! And seriously, I know you won't believe me but life really does get better and better. Promise. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!

Annika said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADDYGIRL!! :) you really lived up your teen years. but i have a feeling the best is yet to come for you!:)

ps aren't you so glad you get to celebrate by going to women and gender studies today?! SCORE.