Sunday, May 15, 2011

moving out

Welp I survived my first year of college,&  That’s a big deal. It was a lot different than I thought it would be. Don’t get me wrong it was exciting and stressful and completely enjoyable..but I am extremely glad to be home for the summer. Summer has always been MY TIME. It seems like each year is marked by the Summer for me, if that makes any sense. At the end of each summer I always say “that was the best summer of my life” but somehow the next always gets better. Crazy. Anyway I know this summer is going to be a lot different than the others but I hope it is just as rewarding. 

So I moved out of my wonderful “on campus” housing and it was a total pain. All the cleaning and scrubbing and packing.. not my fav. But on my last night there as I lied on my crap of a mattress, feeling the springs poke into my back and my listening to my roommate groan in her sleep on the otherside of our bookshelf, I started reminiscing about the past nine months. From  Coming to college with all the confidence in the world- to the nights I would lie awake crying because I just wanted to be home in my own bed. I thought about how much I had learned being on my own.. the good, and the bad. I thought about all the wonderful people I had met in Logan and the late nights that seemed so exciting at the moment. All the shuttle rides and awkward moments that luckily I can laugh about now, the meals I cooked that were a major failure, feeling so independent going places on my own, buying my first car, not having my parents around telling me when to be home. (I realized quick that novelty wears off )J it has been a great past nine month that I wouldn’t trade for anything. I’m  excited for what new adventures await me. 

 

eww i will NOT miss those bathrooms.



Mark came to help! *good thing

in front of classy snow hall


after I got checked out of my apt. we celebrated by eating at our fav. place! :)
 

2 comments:

Annika said...

YOU MADE IT!!! have i mentioned that having you around was like my favorite thing ever???

um you deserved a dinner at your fav place- the cleaning checker people (what are they called?) are nazis round there!

i have a feeling this summer will be the VERY best!:)

Shannon said...

I am Soo happy you are home. I never want you to leave again, okay?! This summer is going to be great. love you:)