Wednesday, December 21, 2011

false impressions




on the outside. brave. outgoing. risk-taker. thrill seeker. tough.carefree.

on the inside. scared. safe. quiet. careful. worrier.cautious.

Ever wonder if sometimes people have a false sense of who you reallly are? Last night while out with friends someone said to me "Maddy, you're the craziest of us all. Why are you acting so worried? (he was referring to my reaction after some crazy driving stunt he was trying to pull)
Yes i may have over-reacted  by yelling STOP over & over again, but seriously??
I'm all about having fun. Heck, it's what I live for. But when it comes to SAFETY,(especially MY safety) that's another story. I HATE feeling like i don't have control in all situations. Especially when it comes to potential hazard. Needless to say I was just realllly ready to go home.

truth: I'm not nearly as crazy as i act sometimes. (maybe that's what all crazies say?) & even if people think I am BORING, that's a risk I'm more than willing to take.



p.s did I mention how I EXCITED I am for CHRISTMAS???!!!

1 comment:

Camilla said...

It sounds to me like last night you could have benefited from the pillowcase of your childhood. :)
I love getting to know someone who is different than they appear. I love that you are cautious and pracitcal but still adventurous and out-going. I think it's a perfect mix!