Sunday, July 24, 2011

goodbyes.

Have you ever had to say goodbye to someone you really cared about?

Well, recently I had the awful task.Truth is, I hate goodbyes. They are really hard for me.. like extremely. Usually I'm better off just leaving and not saying anything.

I had been dreading the moment for about 5 months and knew every night after I fell asleep that in the morning I  would be one day closer to goodbye. that terrified me. all i wanted was for time to slow down.just for a moment.

But time did that thing it has a habit of doing..
 the exact opposite of what you would prefer.

Because i'm a freak about deadlines, I made sure i lived up every.last.moment until our last hug. & i am so glad i did. Because to be honest. this made saying goodbye so much easier. extremely sad? definitely. But in a way also extremely happy. Because i know that what will come out of this goodbye will be the right thing. It might not be what I picture happening right now, but it will be what's supposed to happen. & so you see i realized goodbye's really aren't that bad after all.
and two years? sure it seems like a long time now, but I know it will fly. 

I can't wait to see the way me and mark both grow and change within the next two years. So much will be different i am sure. But at the same time, exactly the same. ♥



"we laughed until we had to cry, we loved right down to our last goodbye, but over the years we'll smile and recall, for just one moment - we had it all"

No comments: